8/07/2013

The Exodus Towers (Dire Earth Cycle #2)

by 
Mass Market Paperback544 pagesExpected publication: August 27th 2013 by Del Rey

Description:
The sudden appearance of a second space elevator in Brazil only deepens the mystery about the aliens who provided it: the Builders. Scavenger crew captain Skyler Luiken and brilliant scientist Dr. Tania Sharma have formed a colony around the new Elevator’s base, utilizing mobile towers to protect humans from the Builders’ plague. But they are soon under attack from a roving band of plague-immune soldiers. Cut off from the colony, Skyler must wage a one-man war against the new threat as well as murderous subhumans and thugs from Darwin—all while trying to solve the puzzle of the Builders’ master plan . . . before it’s too late for the last vestiges of humanity.


Review:
WOW Again!!

The story is just as good as the first book in the series. We find Skyler Luiken in Belem, Brazil, the site of the second elevator. The group has successfully escaped the coup in Darwin and are trying to get the colony started.  The group is still in contact with Darwin and Russell Blackfield, who has taken over the reins in Darwin, to get need supplies and personnel. The group is besieged by a group of "immunes" bent on repopulating the world. All this while trying to figure out what are the Builders plans for Earth. Samantha's story kept us up to date on the goings on at Darwin and we are given more insight into the Jacobytes, the religious group who believe the elevator in Darwin is a Jacobs ladder to heaven. They definitely play a much larger part in this novel.

There was more action in this book than the first, which kept me reading on and rooting for the "good" guys to win out the day. All the theories on what the Builders plans are were definitely intriguing. I often wondered which theories were correct and had some of my own. In the end I am still baffled on what is to become of our beloved world. I felt as if I was right there with the characters living out the story in my mind.

Jason M. Hough's writing is very mesmerizing with a fluid story that kept me on the edge of my seat. There were many nights I did not want to put the book down (but unfortunately had to). I will definitely be reading any and all future Jason Hough books.

Definitely High recommendations to any and all for this book!!!!!

Thank you to Random House Publishing Group - Del Rey Spectra and NetGalley for allowing me to read this eArc edition of the book. I Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Rating: 10/10


No comments:

Post a Comment