7/25/2013

The Companions (The Sundering #1)

by 
Hardcover384 pages
Expected publication: August 6th 2013 by Wizards of the Coast

Description:

This latest installment in New York Times best-selling author R.A. Salvatore's beloved fantasy saga, The Companions moves Salvatore's signature hero Drizzt into a new era of the Forgotten Realms. As Drizzt's fate hangs in the balance, he reflects on the lives of the trusted allies who stood by his side throughout his early life--the friends now known as the Companions of the Hall. Meanwhile, the first stirrings of the Sundering begin.

Review:

I would like to thank Wizards of the Coast for approving and allowing me to read the ARC of this book through NetGalley. 

It just bewilders me how Mr. R.A. Salvatore can continue to write novels about Drizzt and keep me entertained and begging for more.

The Companions is another masterful telling of Drizzt's world, and is also the first book of The Sundering series, which is a series of stand alone novels explaining events during the Era of Upheaval. As I understand it, there will be six novels in the series all with a common connection.

The Companions tells the story of the "Companions of the Hall" and their individual struggles to find and help their friend, Drizzt, in his time of need. Each of their stories are woven in a artistic way. There were a few times where the continuity of each of the characters timelines were a bit disjointed, jumping from one timeline to one that happened before the telling of the next "Companion", but this did not in anyway divert from the story. Mr. Salvatore expertly tied the seemingly disjointed portions together. 

I was also treated, once again, to Drizzt's musings on philosophy, morality, and life. These musings always get my emotions stirring and thinking that these same thoughts are some that have passed through my mind at one point or another throughout my life. I just am not as masterful as R.A. Salvatore on putting these thoughts on paper. 

The book is wonderful,fantastic, stupendously good, and just about any other way you could say GREAT! I believe I must do my homework to find other ways to describe Mr. Salvatore's writings before I start repeating myself again.

GO READ THIS BOOK!!!! 'Nuff said.

Rating: 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment